Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

To straighter teeth in 2011!

So what's on my mind?

invisalign

When I was 18, I got braces on both my upper and bottom teeth. My bottom teeth were crooked with some crowding issues; whereas my upper teeth had a severe over jet. My orthodontist also described it as flaring out. I didn't like that description.


One and a half painful and dare I say, socially awkward years later, I finally got the smile I always wanted - wooh hoo right?! Wrong-o! Fast forward to present day - 10 years later and the over jet on my upper teeth resurfaced and my bottom teeth is slightly crooked.

**Children (and adults), please learn from the error of my ways - wear your retainers! One day you'll wake up, try to put on your retainer after months of negligence, and then immediately flip out when it won't fit in your mouth. I actually thought my mouth grew .. stupid right?!

I've watched enough
Youtube videos to see what all the invisalign fuss is about, and while I do not like the prospect of having attachments, or a bunch of plastic in my mouth, it's certainly better than having "metal mouth". So bring it on aligners!

Tomorrow, I'm going to my
orthodontist to pick up my first set of trays (out of ten, so it's a five month treatment), so do keep a look out for somewhat regular invisalign updates! I'll try to post some older pics of the good ole' straight teeth days so you guys can see the difference..

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So excited you're blogging again :)

    ReplyDelete